Contributing to the Assessment Wiki? Please add an introduction: WhosHere
- Find or add resources related to alternative assessment.
- Read excerpts from discussions that focus on alternative assessment, originally held on the LINCS Assessment discussion forum (an electronic list or "listserv") .
Assessment of Noncognitive Skills
- Find or add resources related to assessment of noncognitive skills.
Commercially Available Assessment Tools
- View specific information on commercial assessment tools including ABLE, BEST, CASAS, DAR, TABE, GAIN.
- Read discussion excerpts related to specific commercial tests, including discussions that focus on the commercial tools listed above, from a discussion originally held on the LINCS Assessment discussion forum.
Read or add to the following discussions which were originally held on the LINCS Assessment discussion list ("listserv").
- Strategies and Suggestions for Defraying the Costs of the GED NEW!!
- General Assessment of Instructional Needs: GAIN
- New Developments in Adult Literacy Assessment
- Assessment and WIA Reauthorization
- Strategies for Addressing Transitions in Adult Basic Education
- Using Data for Program Improvement
- Over What Period of Time Should We Measure Gains?
- Assessment in Workplace/ESOL
- Assessment in Mathematics
- Alternative Assessment as an Appropriate Tool/The Value of Terminology
- Excerpts from High Stakes Testing and Standardized Assessment
- Measuring Literacy: Performance Levels for Adults, Interim Report
- Excerpts from discussion on Literacy vs. Reading, and TABE
- Excerpts from discussion on Literacy Needs and Accountability Versus Instruction Literacy Needs
- The Adult Reading Components Study ARCS Reading Diagnostic
- The (U.S.) National Reporting System (NRS) and Use of Test Scores NRS/Use of Test Scores
- Excerpts from discussion on Teacher Evaluation
- The REEP writing assessment rubric REEP Writing Rubric
- Excerpts from Assessment in Family Literacy
- Test Construction
- Excerpts from Commercial Standardized Tests
- Excerpts from Teacher Qualifications in Assessment
- classroom assessment ideas from colleagues
- examples of tools and processes used in formative assessment
- a listing of on-line resources for formative assessment
- samples of IEPs
- Add your own!!
- Read or add to Assessment Metaphors.
- Post your question about assessment here.
Selecting Assessment Tools
Make informed choices!
- Read or add to a guiding set of questions for selecting assessment tools.
- View resources on the web related to guidelines for selecting, administering, and taking tests.