Research to Practice, Practice to Research
- Reviews produced by the National Research and Development Centre for adult literacy and numeracy (http://www.nrdc.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=424)
Adult literacy and numeracy interventions and outcomes: a review of controlled trials
Adult ESOL pedagogy: A review of the research, and annotated bibliography and suggestions for future research
Adult numeracy: a review of research and related literature
- "Working in the light of the evidence, as well as aspiration" A literature review of the best available evidence about effective adult literacy, numeracy and language teaching
(Includes critique of "Adult literacy and numeracy interventions and outcomes: a review of controlled trials" above) http://educationcounts.edcentre.govt.nz/publications/tertiary/work-light-evidence.html"""
Ethnographies of Adult Education
- Bibliography of Teacher/Practitioner Research AleTeacherResearch
- Discussion of academic and/or teacher research from the LPRP Discussion list LPRPArchivesResearchParadigms
- NCSALL's Adult Multiple Intelligences Study incorporated teachers as researchers: http://www.ncsall.net/?id=23#ami
- Reports from the Minnesota Practitioner Research in Reading Project: http://www.ncsall.net/?id=1034
- Reports from the Northwest Practitioner Knowledge Institute:Teachers conducting classroom inquiry projects based on NCSALL research NorthwestPractitionerKnowledgeInstitute
- Reports from NRDC's Pracitioner Research Project http://www.nrdc.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=424
Study Circles Focused on Adult Literacy Research (see also http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Learner_Persistence)
- Learner Persistence (Sponsored by CALPRO)
- Suggestions for supporting learner persistence
- Examples of actions programs have taken based on study circles
- Draft Action Plans and Templates
The Meeting of the Minds Symposiums
- Meeting of the Minds II
- Meeting of the Minds: The National Adult Education Practitioner Researcher Symposium (2004)
Resources related to National Adult Education Practitioner Researcher Symposium (The Meeting of the Minds). Includes abstracts, power points, participant generated implications, and discussion questions.
Research Terminology Glossary
- Read or add to the glossary of research terminology
The LPRPConnections discussion list, sponsored by the California Adult Literacy Professional Development Project (CALPRO) and the Outreach and Technical Assistance Network (OTAN), is open to all adult educators interested in exploring the connection of literacy teaching practice, research and policy. This includes ESL, ABE, GED, and ASE teachers. To subscribe, go to http://www.calpro-online.org/announce/lprp.asp or send an email message to join-lprpconnections(at)lists.scoe.net. Leave the body of the email message blank. This is a collection of archived discussions from this list.
Research to Practice Professional Development
- Brainstorming at COABE 2005 CALPROCOABE2005
Ideas generated by workshop participants at COABE 2005.
- Connecting Practice, Policy, and Research section of the National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy (NCSALL) Web site: http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=14