Young Adult Literacy
This is a forum related to serving 16-21 year olds in adult literacy education classes. Please add your thoughts, insights, knowledge, etc. to the Member Input discussion page of this topic.
I am planning on moving these questions to their appropriate subsection to create a more organized approach to listing resources and information.
- What is different about instruction for young adults compared with older learners with more life experience?
- How can a program retain 16-21 year olds who are reading below the 6th grade reading level but whose goals include obtaining their GED?
- How can we best integrate youth/young adults into adult literacy programs? http://www-tcall.tamu.edu/newsletr/apr06/apr06b.htm
- How can we improve motivation and participation levels of young adult learners?
- How can we best provide services to the more than 30% of students nationally who do not complete high school in a timely way? High School Dropouts
- How are the skills needed to read online different from those needed to read hard copy books? Online_Reading_Skills